Sunday, October 10, 2010







Well it's the beginning of Fall and we have a couple of months of school under our belts. Ellie is adjusting to 4th grade and Ethan has decided he likes kindergarten. Eli has decided he likes having mommy to himself during the day and sometimes asks if we can leave ellie-ethan at school. I have gone on two field trips so far this school year and have enjoyed watching the kids interact with the other kids in their class.

Ellie's field trip was to the Pink Palace and I got to ride the school bus with the group. It made me think back to when I was in 4th grade. It's funny how things haven't changed much. There is still the boy that likes to flip his eyelids out and that one person that says present instead of here when the teacher calls roll, one girl was slightly creative and said "I exist". The boys were telling "YO Mama" jokes while the girls were playing silly games and giggling. When I was in school it was called "cooties" but for some reason now it is "cheese touch" (wierd I know, the way you avoid getting it is by crossing your fingers). My personal favorite Yo Mama joke was "Yo Mama is sooo ugly she looks like you!" I wonder why there are no Yo Daddy jokes? Anyway it was an interesting trip and I realized that 4th graders are 4th graders whether it is 1988 or 2010.
Ethan's field trip was to the zoo. Ethan, his friend Luke and I spent the afternoon walking around the zoo. I enjoyed the boys and their enthusiasm over animal poop. Luke was a very energetic child and tried to join the animals by attempting to climb over the fences a couple of times. Ethan has been dubbed Potts because there is more than one Ethan in their class. So I kept hearing "Hey Potts" or "Wassup Potts", it was cute!
You can see from the pictures above that Ethan is playing football. He hasn't quite got the hang of it yet. There is a lot to remember and he ends up just running around on the field and if he gets lucky he finds a pile of boys to jump on. They look like little bobbleheads out there trying to hold up those big helmets. It's fun to watch but I don't think we will be getting offers from the NFL any time soon.
No babies for me anymore. I'm past the days of bottles and diapers. I have two in school and one on the verge. Ellie is a young lady now. Ethan is learning to read and write. Eli goes to the potty by himself (most of the time, anyway). The time goes by quickly. They each have their own personality and interests. I love watching them grow and learn. I am thankful that I am getting to stay home and be there for them during this time in their lives. I was reflecting on the simplicity of my daily life and I just thank God for this time. Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment