Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I Rejoice in Thy Salvation

On September 13, 2011 around 8:30 p.m. I had the privilege to kneel beside my daughter as she prayed for Jesus Christ to become her Lord and Savior.  She prayed a simple prayer repenting of her sin asking for God to make her white and clean on the inside.  I then prayed and thanked God for her asking that His beauty would be upon her.  I often pray for my children to love the Lord with all their heart, soul, and might.  I want them to have a deep understanding of God's word and to understand the kind of relationship that God wants to have with them.  Romans 10:1 says "Brethren, my heart's desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation."  On September 6th I really started to pray that for people including Ellie.  I also began thanking God for saving them because I knew it was His will and I knew that He has already completed His work. 

I close with a verse from Hannah's song of thanksgiving.
"Then Hannah prayed and said, My heart exults in the Lord; My horn is exalted in the Lord, My mouth speaks boldly against my enemies, Because I rejoice in Thy salvation."  Father, I rejoice in Thy salvation! Rejoice and praise God with Brandon and me for saving our daughter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment