Thursday, August 2, 2012

Catching up...

Destin, FL July 2012 
Okay, I know it's been a whole year since I have written something on this blog.  My friend, Amanda, is super blogger and she documents her family's adventures everyday and often includes my family in her blogs.  She so kindly reminded me that I had a blog of my own and implied that I should start writing something on it.  Incidently, she is the one that snapped the lovely photo above. So I will briefly catch you up on the Potts' family and what has happened over the past year. 

Ellie and Ethan completed another school year successfully both making straight A's all year.  Way to go kiddos! Mom and Dad are so very proud of your hard work at school. Ellie is now moving up to the middle school and going into the 6th grade, Ethan will be starting 2nd grade AND Eli will be starting kindergarten, sniff sniff.  Monday, August 6, 2012 will be the day that all 3 of my children will be starting school.  I wouldn't trade the past 4 years that I was able to spend as a stay at home mom.  So, you ask...what are you going to do now, Mary Beth?  Well, I'm going to continue to stay at home.  Brandon is blessed to have a job he loves, but he travels a lot so it works sooo much better if I stay at home so I can hold down the fort.  Besides my hubby said he likes having me at home and didn't really want me to get a job right now.  I will gladly oblige:)  I'm already making a list of projects in my mind and maybe I will add blogging to that list seeing that I will be alone in the day time. 

This summer, the summer of 2012, has been busy with baseball, camp, vbs, cookouts and swimming.  We just returned from a family vacation at the beach which we shared with the Lemonds family.  We had a lot of fun in the sun and sand. All the kids surprised me at how they fearlessly conquered the waves of the ocean (or technically the Gulf of Mexico).  They loved diving into the waves and trying their hands at boogie boarding.  I would post more pics but my internet is very sluggish and it takes FOREVER just to upload one photo. There are more pics on facebook if you are that interested in seeing them. 

Lets see, what else should I share...
Right now I am completely absorbed in the Olympics.  I get sooo caught up in the gymnastics and the swimming.  I am having a hard time concentrating on typing because I am watching the womens all around gymnastics right now cheering for USA to win a gold, thinking that I am old enough to be some of these girls mom. Eeek!  Okay well I will leave you for now.  I will have plenty to share next week when I am on an emotional roller coaster watching my oldest starting middle school and saying good bye to the baby as he starts kindergarten. Box of tissues, please!

1 comment: