Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Aldi's Accident Report


So,whenever I go anywhere with the kids I never know what's in store. We leave our mark wherever we go and today was no different. I have to go pick up a couple of things at Aldi's so that Brandon can have dinner for tonight, no big deal. I get my bags and my quarter for the cart and we cross the parking lot. We always looks like a mother hen and her chicks the kids even line up in order of size. Anyway Eli announces he has to go potty and Ethan chimes in that he needs to go No. 2. It's always No. 2 for Ethan. So automatically my quick stop turns into a longer one. We manage to get everyone in the restroom, Eli takes care of business and Ethan is of course going to take a little longer. I go out to check on Ellie who is right outside the door and the next thing I know Ethan is following behind with his pants still around his ankles. I push him back in the restroom and get him dressed and I prepare to gather up my few items. Eli wants to push the basket and Ethan and Ellie are irritating eachother. I have gotten most everything and I turn to grab something out of "my grocer's freezer". Then in an instant I hear a crash, a gasp, and a scream. I turn to find my basket tumped over with things rolling across the aisle and Eli is underneath the groceries and the basket. A woman is already lifting the basket up and hovering over him. She looks up at me and assures me she is a nurse and just wants to check him over. No broken ribs, cuts, or bruises but he does begin to develop a huge goose egg of a knot on the back of his head. The Aldi's employees swarm around me asking me questions and I'm promising that I will not sue. One lady grabs a bag of frozen peas and places it on Eli's head. At this moment I just want to check out and leave or better yet leave the groceries on the floor and just escape to my van and head home. An Aldi's employee insists that I fill out an accident report and asks me exactly what happened. I finally get to check out but not without people coming up to us asking if everything is okay. Eli is fine and it turns out Brandon had already eaten so it was not necessary for me to run to the store after all. FYI: the above pic says 2007 but it was actually 2010

1 comment: