Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Just Another Morning




Well, Ellie is off to school. She rides with Ms. Kim (Kimbo) to school every morning and I take Ava while her mom teaches sixth graders all day. Eli has been up for a while and Ethan has not graced us with his presence yet, not sure how he will handle getting up for kindergarten this coming school year. Ava is now down for her morning nap just a little earlier than her usual 9 a.m. nap time. Wait a minute... what's that I hear... snoring muffled by a green and blue froggy blanket. How did I get this lucky? Eli has fallen asleep. Does this mean I have a moment for some peace and quiet? I could hurry up and fix me a bubble bath, or I could straighten up the kitchen, maybe fold some clothes, nah! I think I will just relax in my big yellow, flowered chair and listen to the quiet. I'm watching the breeze ruffle the branches of the trees and the sunshine peeking through little peepholes and I am reminded of something I read this morning... "Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice; Let the sea roar, and all it contains; Let the field exult, and all that is in it. Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy Before the Lord, for He is coming; For He is coming to judge the earth. He will judge the world in righteousness, And the peoples in His faithfulness." Psalms 96:11-13 Next time you have a moment to enjoy sitting outdoors and the wind begins to blow and the trees wave their arms, the leaves rustle and the birds sing, realize that you are witnessing nature as they worship their Maker, your Maker, because He is victorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment