Monday, July 19, 2010

Ethan's Faith


Well, Ethan is my middle child. Quiet and independent but not at all shy. He just turned 5 on his birthday, May 3, and is about to begin kindergarten. He loves to play the Wii especially any kind of Super Mario Brothers games. In this picture he had just gotten his trophy for finishing his first season of t-ball. He doesn't talk a whole lot but when he has something to share he will make his opinion known. I never know what he might say and sometimes hold my breath when I here him saying,"Sir, Sir, excuse me but...". One day he told a man he liked his hair which was very polite however, the guy was bald with a comb over. It was probably the only time the guy would get a compliment on his hair. He always makes a point to speak to police officers not sure why but he likes to say hello. Some police had a person pulled over in our driveway right off of Highway 301 the other day and I had to run out to stop Ethan because he was making his way out there to speak to them. He's not at all bashful when we pray at meal time he often volunteers to pray and for a long time his prayer was "God shares, Amen." Short and sweet and completely true. He didn't ask for anything just praised God for sharing. Another time when he was having some trouble with nightmares he would just simply come to me and tell me we needed to pray so he wouldn't have bad dreams then he would go right to sleep. I began all this to actually tell a story about him that just happened today. Brandon had gotten home a little earlier than usual and so Ethan wanted him to play the Wii. Brandon was using the excuse that there was a glare on the t.v. because he wasn't doing so well playing the game. Ethan says "I think God wants me to talk to Him." So he goes over to the window looks up to the sky and then bows his head. Then he prays, "God will you move the sun, please. Amen." Of course, Ethan just wanted to finish playing the game with his dad. He has no other worries in this world, if he even knows what the word worry means. He just knew if he asked God to move the sun that He could and would do it for him. Why can't I make things that simple?

No comments:

Post a Comment