Friday, July 2, 2010

New Orleans Wedding and VBS

The children are sitting on a fountain in the French Quarter. We were just out sightseeing after breakfast and checking out the more kid friendly part of New Orleans!
Here are Allison and Eric tying the knot! We pray for God's blessings on Aunt Allison, "new" Uncle Eric, Peyton and Atley.


Here are the kids performing at the Riverbend VBS finale. We had a lot of fun and are truly blessed that we are a part of this church family!




I haven't posted anything in a couple of weeks so a lot has been going on since my last post. We went to New Orleans for Aunt Allison's wedding and we came home to VBS festivities which were a lot of fun.

We enjoyed visiting with family in New Orleans but to be quite honest Brandon and I are truly country folk so the city is only a place for short visits. I do however love to walk and window shop. I love to look at the artwork and the historic buildings so I wish we had had more time for that but when you have children that need naps or would rather be at the hotel pool there isn't any time for what mom wants to do. Mostly, I just enjoyed being with my husband because it's a rare occasion that I get to spend and entire day with him much less an entire 4 days so that was a highlight. The wedding was at Benachi House in New Orleans which I believe was built in 1859. Brandon was especially impressed with a certificate hanging in the hallway that was signed by Abraham Lincoln. Ms. Nancy, Aunt Brenda, Cousin Amy and Cousin Ann Martin worked really hard to create a beautiful ceremony and reception for Allison and Eric. Of course both Allison and Eric's families had a lot of sweat on their brows after setting up and then cleaning up. Of course the ultimate goal was to get Allison and Eric hitched and we accomplished what we went there for so you two enjoy marital bliss!!
So Monday June 21 we headed back home from New Orleans so that we could get home for Ethans last t-ball game and to go to Vacation Bible School. The kids really enjoyed Bible School. Ellie got to take her friend Andrea and Ethan took his friend Tony. Eli just enjoyed getting to be a big boy and joining in the fun. He also got to be with his best buddy Brayden. They sang, they crafted, they listened to stories, they enjoyed every minute and looked forward to every evening when it was time to go to the church. Ethan and Ellie especially enjoyed Ms. Theresa as she told the Bible stories. I believed that was the favorite of most of the children. I'm so glad they enjoyed hearing God's word and truth. We as adults forget that the Bible is full of wonderful characters and amazing stories filled with drama and suspense. Special thanks to our Children's Director, Liz, that works hard to organize all of the activities for the kids. She is just a big kid herself and I know God made her that way for this very reason. Brandon, another big kid, and I had the pleasure of working with Liz ahead of time to prepare some of the decorations, namely the big ship that took up most of the stage. Brandon did the building and I did the painting and we enjoyed taking part. I also enjoyed assisting Ms. Shelley with craft time and Brandon was there most evenings not sure for what other than to stir up trouble. I think his excuse was to come help Mr. Clay with rec time. Anyway it was a nice week with plenty of fellowship and learning how to be more like Jesus so I am thankful for our Riverbend family and the dedication they have to our children.








No comments:

Post a Comment